- About S Scale
- About the S SIG
- S Scale Products & Resources
- S Scale Track Products
- S Scale Passenger Trucks
- Major S Hobby Dealers
- Specialists and Mentors
- Modeling from the Prototype
- A Model Railroader’s Guide to Digital Photography
- Other S Organizations
- S Related Magazines
- S Related Articles in Non-S Publications
- S Related Websites
- S Related Yahoo Groups
- S Scale Forum
The S Scale SIG is guided by the following mission:
- Promote S scale model railroading compatible with NMRA/NASG standards and recommended practices.
- Provide a forum for S scale camaraderie, exchange of information, expertise, advice and technique.
- Emphasize S scale’s size advantage.
The SIG serves as a clearinghouse for news, information and the discussion of S Scale trains. The S Scale SIG seeks to increase the awareness of S Scale modeling within the greater model railroad community, attract new modelers to 1:64 and promote the manufacture of the highest quality models at 1:64.
The S Scale SIG defines scale modeling, regardless of gauge, as:
- Wheels and track compatible with NMRA specifications S-1.1, S-1.2, S3.1, S-3.2 S-4.1 and S-4.2.
- A coupler size equal to or smaller than Kadee #802 and compatible with NMRA specification S-2.
- A rail height in the approximate ratio of 1:64 to the prototype being modeled.
S Scale SIG Newsletters:
Popular Tags:Alkem Scale Models American Models B&O Bill Young C&O Canadian National Railway cut levers Dick Karnes FPA-2 Gilmaur history I-1 caboose inspiration interlocking tower Lake Junction Models layout design LDSIG Lionel modeling modules newsletter New York North Shore Train Show Montréal On2 to S scale transition Osgood-Bradley Passenger Cars Pacific Rail Shops passenger cars Port Rowan in 1:64 reviews River Raisin Models SD70-ACe Showcase Miniatures Southern Pacific S Scale Loco & Supply S Scale Workshop Sunkist Citrus Fruit Shed Kit The S Scale Workshop The Supply Car U18B U33C USRA 0-6-0 USRA 2-8-8-2 Westchester & Boston Wild West Scale Model Builders